Technology is one of those things that is always evolving, and inevitably changing. As such the products and technologies that you have available to you as a business owner with No Fixed Office, are always changing. Being able to maximize your ability to use these products that are available can be a key part of your ability to grow your business.
To help you make more sense of all the different options and technologies that you have available to you over the coming 3 to 4 weeks i will be making available a number of articles on the topics below. Initially i will give you a base to work on what you may need and what you may not need, as well as helping you get an idea of just what is available in each category. Once we have established this base, I will start to help you get a little more in depth by taking a closer look at specific products and technologies and just how they will best suit your business.
So the question is, I suppose what area’s can you expect to see discussed in this series.
- Laptops – The most obvious choice for someone with No Fixed Office, they are portable and offer pretty much the same features as desktop computers. Things that we will look at include the base requirements, and how to differentiate the specifications you need from the ones you would like.
- Printers – While it would be nice to work with the paperless office, especially when you have No Fixed Office, however there are some things that you cannot get by without a printer. There are two questions to be answered here, Do you need one? and Which is the best option for you?
- Smart Phone/PDA – Having a device to communicate with is pretty much essential for you with No Fixed Office. However choosing the best option can be a little more challenging. Do you go with a Mobile Phone, a PDA or Smart Phone, or even multiple devices.
- Power Options – When you are on the road or away from a fixed location for any length of time, you can quickly learn just how short the life of a battery can be. However there are options to keep you up and running without having to find a power point every couple of hours. From Solar to Extended Battery’s What are your options
- Portable Projector – Making presentations to clients from a small laptop screen can be hard, however for a long time it is has not been practical to carry a data projector. However these devices are getting smaller and smaller and some even pocket size options. But which will suit your needs.
- The Carry Bag – Being able to carry all your equipment, especially if you have a Laptop, Printer, Projector and other accessories, can mean finding the right carry bag is not easy. However with any luck I may be able to help you with this.
As you can see there is a lot of information that we will cover in this series of posts, and this will only become even more when we start to expand on some of these topics later on. Please enjoy the series and share your comments or requests below.